var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-26697163-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Comprehensive Selling Consultation
Spend your time and money on the changes that will put more money in your pocket. Avoid changes that don’t. Have a prioritized action plan customized to create the results you desire. Consultations are for homes that are about to go on the market OR already on the market and not selling. These 2 hours appointments go way beyond basic cleaning, packing and de-cluttering advice to explain how to arrange furniture, hang art and merchandise your “product” to elicit the desired response in your buyer. All recommendations are based upon your competition and price point.
- Beginning from the curb our professionally certified home stagers advise you on everything from how your neighbors look, to your curb appeal, to paint or maintenance suggestions, right down to where to put the couch or the dog dish in the laundry room.
- Room by room review of everything from the focal point, furniture and decor, key selling features, negatives to minimize, key action steps and list of priorities to transform your property into a buyer’s must-have.
- We’ll tell you what messages your furnishings, décor and layout are sending and how they can affect your property’s value. We only suggest changes that will realize a return on your investment.
- Receive a follow-up report with suggestions room by room as well as your must-do’s and top priorities.
Once you have our changes you have several ways to implement them. You can do all of the work yourself, some of the work yourself or Rocky Mountain Home Staging can do the work for you. If you do the work yourself, we are more than happy to review photos of your home when completed.
We generally provide 3 tiers of recommendations during a consult:
- First, and most important steps – “the MUST DO’s”– these adjustments are critical to selling. This generally includes removing furniture, packing distracting items, collections and clutter, fixing all maintenance eyesores, as well as furniture and accessory arrangement suggestions to create flow and enhance selling features.
- Second, are “the RECOMMENDED’s” – items that will make a difference without much expense. This generally includes things like neutralizing colors, removing wall paper or adding new towels and shower curtains to the bathroom.
- Third, are “the IF YOU CAN’s” – slightly bigger recommended changes that we feel would really make your house stand out and would get you a good return on your investment. These will especially be recommended if it is something that buyers would expect in your price range or neighborhood. This often includes items such as painting the kitchen cabinets or changing out faucets, light fixtures or appliances or replacing worn out flooring. There are several reason why we may recommend bigger changes:
- Buyers have very little imagination. Only 10% of people can visualize the potential of a room. You may be cutting out 90% of your potential buyers.
- If they do see it, such as “we’ll have to change the carpet or we’ll have to update the bathrooms” they always seriously overestimate the cost. Even buyers who say they want a “fixer” are usually seduced by a house that is move in ready.
- Even if you price to accommodate the lack of upgrades they will generally still subtract their estimated costs from an offer.
- It’s harder for buyers to fall in love with a house that is dated or needs key upgrades especially when the competition has them. Buyers who fall in love pay more.
For houses that have been on the market a while we will talk to your agent about feedback, number of showings, comps, market trends and more to help diagnose why your home isn’t selling and what we can do about it.
In all cases, Rocky Mountain Home Staging will review the listings and sold properties in your neighborhood and your price range so you can win the marketing competition and get the offers. Get started today, call us at 720–295-0720.
“Rocky Mountain Home Staging took the overwhelming process of preparing our home to sell and helped us break it down into prioritized action steps designed to generate a high Return on Investment and meet our goals.” — Kathy Sullivan, Denver, CO
“Sara is by far one of the most complete staging professionals with whom I have worked. We had excellent results once she was involved in making a very ordinary property look spectacular. I would not hesitate to use Sara in the future, and you shouldn’t either.” — Sandy Mazarakis, Broker/Owner, lemonlime Group